The Top 10 list at Mount Rushmore
Exciting upgrades are underway at Mount Rushmore National Memorial. The enhancements address deferred maintenance, visitor safety and accessibility to the memorial. Please note that the memorial is OPEN daily.
TOP 10 list | Peak Season
- Visit the Sculptor’s Studio and learn more about the carver’s vision. Discover park history in the Information Center.
- Hike the Presidential Trail. Explore the Lakota, Nakota, & Dakota Heritage at the Borglum View Terrace.
- Dine Green at Mt Rushmore with their Fresh Forward program.
- Attend the evening lighting ceremony, held nightly throughout the summer, for a uniquely inspirational experience.
- Hunt for a treasure in the gift shop that will forever remind you of your Mount Rushmore experience.
- Find a book or memento at the Mount Rushmore Bookstores in the Information Center or Sculptor’s Studio.
- Become an official Junior Ranger when you participate in either the paper or digital version of the Junior Ranger Program.
- Rent a multimedia hand-held photo/video tour or an audio tour wand to learn even more about the sculpture and its story.
- Take advantage of the immense knowledge of the Memorial’s park rangers when you join a ranger walk or talk.
- Enjoy a scoop of Thomas Jefferson ice cream from the Carver’s Cafe — based on the first written recipe for ice cream in the United States.
The Information Center, Audio Tour, Restrooms, Gift Shop and Carver’s Café & Ice Cream shop terrace area with breathtaking views of the monument are all OPEN! The Nature Trail across from the Parking Lot takes you to the Borglum View Terrace and Civilian Conservation Corps stairs that lead to the original Historic Viewing Area. The Sculptor’s Studio, which is the artist’s original studio, gives his perspective and vision of the monument to visitors. The Presidential Trail is also open to the turnaround. Great Views of the monument are available for every venue! Plus…the lighting ceremony, while abbreviated, is still occurring every evening. The ranger talk, retiring of the flag and the illumination of the sculpture continues. Gib Young, who reenacts Teddy Roosevelt is in the park on five days.
Late Fall & Winter at Mt. Rushmore - Open Year 'Round!
The parking structure and memorial grounds are open from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
If you have one to two hours, here's your must do list:
- Visit the Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center for park information, exhibits, a book store and a film. From October through May, open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily (Closed 12/25).
- Buy a souvenir at the Gift Shop
- Grab a bite at the Carver's Cafe open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Walk the Presidentail Trail - weather permitting
- Bundle up and stay for the illumination each night after sunset
There is so much to see and experience at Mount Rushmore! Check the web site for more details: nps.gov
We're open for business, so when the time is right for you, please join us. Can't travel right now? Take the Virtual Tour.