1145 N. River Street
Hot Springs, SD
Evans Plunge (named after its builder Fred Evans), was built in 1890 over the numerous small, sparkling springs and one mammoth spring of mineral water. Originally, Evans Plunge and the other mineral baths in Hot Springs were sought as a cure-all for a multitude of illnesses.
The largest spring, at the north end of the pool in the interior of the Plunge, is known as the "Original Indian Spring." Here Native Americans drank and bathed in the spring's warm healing water. Today, numerous areas of warm sparkling springs may be felt as one moves through the crystal clear water towards the original Indian Spring.
A lot has changed in Hot Springs since 1890. No longer promoted as a cure for ills, the water still invites visitors for rejuvenation, refreshment, relaxation and recreation.
The outdoor pool is open on a seasonal basis. The usual operating time for the outdoor pool is between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, but may be open longer depending on weather conditions.
Booking Instructions: Please select the appropriate number of individuals for each activity option. One time admission for use anytime during your stay.
Outdoor Pool - Summer Only