Jewel Cave National Monument
11149 US Highway 16, Building B12
Basic Reservation Info
Reservations are available for the Scenic Tour and can be made between 48 hours and 90 days prior to arrival. SAME DAY TOURS or NEXT DAY TOURS are available at Jewel Cave National Monument; tickets for same day tours or next day tours are available onsite on a first come first serve basis. Only 30 people allowed per tour. If there are no matches for the date you search, change your dates to check other availability. The number of slots available per tour are indicated on the drop down box.
2018 Fee Free Days
Jewel Cave National Monument is extending an invitation to the general public to experience guided cave tours free of charge on 3 special fee-free days in 2018. At Jewel Cave, all regularly scheduled Discovery Talks and Scenic Tours will be offered free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis; no reservations will be taken for cave tours on these dates.
January 15 / Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / Jewel Cave is closed for the holiday
April 21/ First Day of National Park Week
September 22 / National Public Lands Day
November 11 / Veterans Day
Immerse yourself within the third longest cave in the world. With over 180 miles of mapped and surveyed passages, this underground wilderness appeals to human curiosity. Its splendor is revealed through fragile formations and glimpses of brilliant color. Its maze of passages lure explorers, and its scientific wealth remains a mystery. This resource is truly a jewel in the National Park Service.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
1. All tours are ranger guided and require a minimum of 2 participants. Tours offer a limited number of visitors. Tickets are for a specific date and time, and there will be no refunds.
2. Jackets and low-heeled, closed-toe shoes are recommended for all tours.
3. Tours are not recommended for anyone with claustrophobia, heart or respiratory conditions, recent surgeries or illness or other physical limitations. All participants must be able to navigate unassisted.
4. Food, drinks, candy, gum, tobacco products, monopods, tripods, weapons, pets, large purses, handbags, flashlights, backpacks, large camera bags and hiking or walking sticks, selfie sticks, walkers, canes, crutches, and oxygen tanks are not permitted on Scenic Tours.
5. Flash photography is allowed on the Scenic Tour.
6. There are no restrooms or drinking fountains in the cave.
7. No pets allowed in visitor center or cave, with the exception of service dogs.
8. Baby or child backpack carriers and strollers are not permitted in the cave. Families with children ages 5 and under should consider the Discovery Talk. Tickets for this program are purchased at Jewel Cave on the day of the tour.
9. Reservations are NOT ACCEPTED for the Historic Lantern Tour, the Wild Caving Tour, or the Discovery Talk. Tickets for these tours are purchased at Jewel Cave on the day of the tour.